
Brett and I decided to splurge this summer and go visit his parents in Hawaii! My parents decided to come along. It was a lot of fun showing them Maui. We spent our first two days on Oahu, and then went to Maui. We had a blast!

Our first day on Oahu we drove over to Laie to go to the Polynesian Culture Center. The drive over there was beautiful. We stopped at a Japanese Buddhist temple. It was neat and it brought back fun memories of my trip to China.

Before the PCC we went to the Temple. It is closed for construction so we couldn't get very close, but it was beautiful and fun to see.

The Polynesian Culture Center was so much fun. There were exhibits from a bunch of the different Polynesian Islands and they all did little performances. They were so fun to watch and I learned a lot about the Polynesian culture. We went to a Luau with a really fun show and amazing food. My favorite part was the night show. It was so good!

Our second day on Oahu we went to Pearl Harbor. It was pretty interesting. After we went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and then that night we flew to Maui.

Our first day on Maui we went drove the road to Hana. It is a crazy twisty turny road, but all of the stops make it worth it. My favorite part is the hike to Waimoku Falls.

My Mom said this was her favorite next to snorkeling because you get to hike through a really neat bamboo forest.
The next day on Maui we went to Lahaina and Blackrock beach. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures. The snorkeling there is really good. We saw a huge turtle and an octopus!

Saturday we went up Haleakala, the big volcano, and then Brett and I biked down. That evening we went to Wailea Beach and did some boogie boarding. There was a beautiful sunset.

Sunday was the last day with my parents. After church we went to Iao Valley. My Dad loved it and probably took a hundred pictures there. Then we went and watched the locals surf, kite surf, and wind surf. I wish I could do it all. It looks like so much fun.

Monday, Brett and I went and snorkeled at Maui Prince Beach. Then we went to La Perouse Bay and went for a pretty walk. We finished up our day playing at Charlie Young Beach.

Tuesday morning we went surfing! With a surf board this big we were doing pretty good.

That afternoon we went to Big Beach. We got just a little sun surfing if you can't tell.

The waves at Big Beach are huge! They are so much fun to boogie board.

But these huge waves can also be a little dangerous too. This sign is a very good visual of what happened to me when one of these huge waves knocked me over. Only I did a back flip instead of a front and hit my head first. Brett said all he could see was my legs flailing in the air. It hurt pretty bad, but was pretty funny!

Wednesday, our last day was my favorite. We went on a snorkel cruise to Molokini Crater. The water there was so clear it was awesome! Brett and I saw two reef sharks and a huge eel and I didn't even get scared. It was so fun to watch them. After the boat took us to one of the smaller Hawaiian Islands Lanai. On the way over we saw bottle nose dolphins and spinner dolphins. This picture was taken right after we snorkeled at Lanai. Do you like our snorkel marks?

Sorry for the long post, but we had so much fun. Posting this has just made me want to go back. It was a lot of fun spending time with Brett's parents, and it was fun for our parents to get to know each other better. Thanks to both of them for such a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment