
For our summer vacation this year we went out to visit my sister in Ohio. My parents joined us for a week of family fun. On Saturday, our first day there, we went to Put in Bay. It's a fun little island in Lake Erie. We had fun riding bikes around and we went into a cave.

On Sunday we went to see the church history sites in Kirtland. This is in the Newel K. Whitney store where the school of the prophets was held.

This is in front of the John Johnson farm. Joesph Smith lived here while he received a lot of the revelations for the Doctrine Covenants.

Monday morning we drove through one of the many Amish communities that are out east. It was very interesting seeing their way of life.

That afternoon we went to downtown Cleveland to see the Pier.

Then we went to Progressive Field to watch the Yankees take on the Indians. The Yankees lost, but it was a really good game and they had awesome fireworks after for the 4th of July!


On Tuesday we went to Cedar Point one of the best amusement parks I've been to! They have so many awesome roller coasters. The Dragster was my favorite. It goes from 0 to 120 in 4 seconds! I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life to get on a roller coaster, but I loved it!

Wednesday morning we drove up to Niagara Falls. It was beautiful! We spent the day there doing lots of different things. Brett and I and my parents even went over to Canada to check out the view from there. My favorite thing was the ferry ride that takes you right up to the falls.

Thursday we drove to Palmyra and visited the church history sites there. This is in the Sacred Grove.

We went to the Hill Cumorah and watched the pageant. The pageant was really good. I was really impressed with the setting and the cast. Thanks family for the awesome trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment